10 Man Cave Ideas!!!
1. Flat Screen TV
The first step to achieving the goal of the perfect Man Cave, you must have a center piece. I am not speaking of the table center piece of a vase and flowers but the huge flat screen on the wall or stand. What size should you get you may ask, well some will tell you to invest in a size that appeals to the room. A small room a small screen, a large room a large screen. Well, we aare here to tell you that this is your space, if you have a smaller space and want to get a 75″ 4K flat screen. GO FOR IT!!! Believe me when I tell you this, if you don’t get the big screen that you want, you will end up with three flat screens in the cave. In my cave (One large screen and two 46″ screens). It was not my plan but hey, I made it work. If that’s the direction you want to go, then go for it, but believe me, it was not part of the plan.
2. Gaming Console
We don’t look to tell you which gaming console to purchase, because we think that they are all great and we don’t see anything wrong with having them all.
3. Video Games
If you are a sports fan, there are two games that we recommend that must be apart of the Man Cave!!
4. Recliner/Sitting Area
I know you are probably thinking, shouldn’t a seating area probably be 1st on the list, well our thought is that chairs can work until you have enough $$ for the perfect seating/recliner, after all, many places supply these Gamers Seating Without a comfortable place to sit the man cave will not be the place you want it to be. If you cannot fall asleep in your space you may want to reconsider your sitting/reclining/laying situation. Now, if you are a man that tends to watch the games solo and don’t bother with sponsoring fight nights or tailgating in your cave, then a nice recliner may be all you need. However, if your man cave is subject to being the location for game days and game nights you definitely want a nice reclining sectional with cup holders. I would also suggest leather or material similar to leather. You will definitely not want cloth! This is what I have in my cave.
5. Lighting – Philips Hue
“GOOD LIGHTING”, I have tried many different lighting effects i.e black lights, red lights, strobe lights, lava lamps and so on. I have to say that the lighting I have now brings all of these effects into play and creates whatever atmosphere I want. The Philips hue with bridge allows your man cave to switch moods & color lighting in an instant. The great thing about this lighting is that you are able to add and create the right ambiance for any moment. Philips Hue can wake you up naturally, help you energize, read, concentrate, relax, and even helps you to fall asleep. The lighting is compatible with the Alexa app and many more, one of my favorite apps to use with Philips hue is the IFTTT (If this then that) app. You can have lighting go along with music, video gaming and/or movies. One of the tasks that I have my lights performs is a blink sequence whenever one of my favorite teams starts a game, it’s a reminder to look for one of my teams playing.
6. Amazon Echo
- All-new Echo (2nd Gen) has a new speaker, new design, and is available in six styles including fabrics and wood veneers. Echo connects to Alexa to play music, make calls, set alarms and timers, ask questions, control smart home devices, and more—instantly.
- Just ask for a song, artist, or genre from Amazon Music, Spotify, Pandora, and more. With multi-room music, you can play music on compatible Echo devices in different rooms. Echo can also play audiobooks, radio stations, news briefs, and more.
- Call or message anyone hands-free with your Echo device. Also, instantly connect to other Echo devices in your home using just your voice.
- New speaker, now with Dolby processing for crisp vocals and dynamic bass response. Echo can fill the room with 360° omnidirectional audio.
- With seven microphones, beamforming technology, and noise cancellation, Echo hears you from any direction—even while music is playing
- Just ask Alexa to check your calendar, weather, traffic, and sports scores, manage to-do and shopping lists, control your compatible smart lights, thermostats, garage doors, sprinklers, and more
- Alexa is always getting smarter and adding new features and skills. Just ask Alexa to control your TV, request an Uber, order a pizza, and more.
7. Man Cave Sign
No Man Cave is complete without signage, need we say more! If you are married, maybe the wife will not appreciate this one but we think everything else on the list she will enjoy as well.
8. Liquor Dispenser
If there is not drinking in the Man Cave, then you just may want this for decoration.
9. Beverage Cooler
Use this to keep those beverages cold.
- 2.2 cubic foot spacious beverage center holds up to 84 cans
- Cools down to a chilly 34 degrees Fahrenheit, lower than other beverage coolers, ensuring your beverages are perfectly frosty
- 5 easily removable chrome racks help you fit cans or bottles of various sizes and shapes
- Sleek, stylish black and stainless steel design complements any home decor
- Freestanding design fits in many spaces at 17″ L
10. Cigar Desktop
Decoration maybe, no smoking in the cave.
- Holds 25 to 50 Cigars depending on the Ring Gauge, Tempered Glass Top
- Authentic Spanish Cedar Wood Interior, Scratch-resistant Felt-lined Bottom
- Secure Seal on closure insures Proper Humidity, Cigars Pictured Not Included
- Package Includes Humidor, Humidifier, Removable Cedar divider, and Manual
- Approximate Humidor Exterior Dimensions: 10 1/4″ W x 8 3/4″ D x 4 3/8″ Height